Basic information about CFISD taxes:
- Homestead tax exemption: 20% of appraised value plus $15,000
- Additional exemption of $25,000 for homeowners age 65 or older and for disabled persons
- Tax Rate per $100 of value for tax year 2012: $1.45
- Additional exemptions for disabled veterans. Contact Harris County Appraisal District at (713) 957-7800 for more information
- Please note : You DO NOT have to pay a fee for filing a homestead exemption. Please contact the Harris County Appraisal District concerning corrections in valuation, ownership, or exemptions.
- Taxes generally become delinquent on February 1. If you have not received a statement before the delinquent date, please contact our office at (281) 664-6300.
Payment of Property Taxes
Property taxes are due upon receipt. You have from November 1 through January 31 of the taxing year to pay without penalty and interest. According to the Texas Property Tax Code, a payment is considered timely if: (1) it is sent by regular first-class mail, properly addressed with postage prepaid; and (2) it bears a post office cancellation mark of a date earlier than or on the specified date and within the specified period or the property owner furnishes satisfactory proof that it was deposited in the mail on or before the specified due date and within the specified period.
The tax assessor collector cannot waive penalty and interest on delinquent taxes, adjust values, or ignore deadlines provided in the Texas Property Tax Code.
Tax Office Contact Information
You may access your account information or pay by credit card over the Internet at : www.cfisdtax.com - There is a 2.5% convenience fee to pay by credit card and $1.00 for e-checks. This fee is not collected by the district.
Tax Assessor-Collector: David Piwonka
Tax Office Address: 10494 Jones Rd Room-106,
Houston, Texas 77065
Tax Office Telephone: (281) 664-6300
Tax Office Fax Number: (281) 664-6302
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
The tax office will be closed the following days: