The student describes and analyzes musical sound and demonstrates musical artistry.
- Creative Expression/Performance
The student performs a varied repertoire of music.
- Historical/Cultural Heritage
The student relates music to history, to society, and to culture.
The student responds to and evaluates music and musical performance.
This curriculum includes all the objectives listed for Fine Arts – Music in Chapter 117, Subchapter A and issued under the Texas Education Code Chapter 28.002 of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, effective September 1, 1996.
National Standards for Music
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.