Welcome to the HORIZONS website.
HORIZONS is the program that serves gifted and talented students
in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.
Testing for new to CFISD Students
HORIZONS Mid-year Testing/Students K-11
Open Referral Period
October 1st through November 30th
Parents who wish to refer their child for HORIZONS gifted and talented testing must follow the process described below.
- Click on ‘Parent Information’ on the left side of the screen. Review the PowerPoint presentation entitled Should I Refer My Child to be Tested for GT?
- If testing is appropriate, request a HORIZONS Parent Survey and Permission to Test form from your elementary counselor or secondary director of instruction. This form may also be accessed on the HORIZONS Gifted and Talented website under ‘Parent Information’.
- Return the HORIZONS Parent Survey and Permission to Test form to your child’s elementary counselor or secondary director of instruction no later than November 30th. Students will not be screened unless the parent permission form is turned in on time.
- Kindergarten students will be tested on their campus during the school day in January, and students in grades 1-11 will be tested on their campus during the school day prior to spring break. Specific testing dates will be provided to parents by the campus at the start of second semester.
- Kindergarten students who qualify for the HORIZONS Gifted and Talented program will receive services beginning in March with parent permission.
- Students in grades 1-11 who qualify for the HORIZONS Gifted and Talented program will receive services beginning in August of the next school year with parent permission.