11430 A Perry Road
Houston TX 77064
PO Box 692003
Houston TX 77269-2003
The goal of the Operations Department is to maintain district buildings in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition and to provide a healthy environment in which learning can occur.
On a daily basis, custodians clean almost 14 million square feet of space, the equivalent of 7,000 – 2,000 square foot homes, to provide a clean and safe learning environment for students and staff.
Structure and Responsibilities
The Operations Department is responsible for: establishing and implementing cleaning and staffing formulas for daily operations of the district; inspecting all district buildings on a regular basis regarding custodial services; and organizing and maintaining an ongoing training program, including safety training, for the department’s personnel.
- The custodial workforce is divided into 7 clusters, each cluster is supervised by an Area Manager, who reports to the Supervisor of Operations.
- The Supervisor of Operations is responsible for day to day management and quality assurance.
- Personnel issues are the responsibility of the Assistant Director of Human Resources.
- The Director of Operations, who reports to the Assistant Superintendent of School Services, provides departmental leadership.
“What We Do”
Custodians vacuum and spot clean carpet on a daily basis; as well as clean and sanitize restrooms, classrooms, cafeterias, office areas, common areas, gyms and locker rooms.
Other responsibilities include:
- moving all instructional and administrative furniture within the buildings and between facilities;
- refinishing all maple wood gymnasium and stage floors annually;
- pressure-washing sidewalks, bus loading areas and trash pick-up areas;
- cleaning common areas, administrative areas and animal, bird and reptile areas of the Science Resource Center ;
- cleaning and maintaining restrooms, common areas and the yard at the ROPES pavilions of Moore, Millsap and Sheridan elementary schools;
- setting up for all events at the CFISD Exhibit Center ;
- cleaning and maintaining the field house and all public areas of Pridgeon Stadium and assist the Berry Center on an as-needed basis.
- removing graffiti from interior and exterior surfaces of all district buildings;
- repair and maintenance of cafeteria tables throughout the district and
- repair and maintenance of custodial equipment.
In addition to maintaining a clean and safe environment within and around district facilities, the district’s swimming pools are also the responsibility of the Operations Department. The Aquatic Safety program includes regular cleaning of all district pools; regular maintenance and repair of all aquatic systems and components.