CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN BOARDING YOUR BUS
- Follow the 10-foot rule:
- STAY on your side of the road, far away from the traffic.
- WAIT for the bus to stop and for your driver’s signal to cross;
- CHECK traffic both ways, then check again;
- CROSS by walking directly across, checking traffic both ways; and
- WALK approximately 10 feet ahead of the bumper, and board the bus quickly.
CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN LEAVING THE BUS
- WALK along the side of the road until you can see our driver.
- STOP and wait for the signal to cross.
- WALK/LOOK for traffic in both directions, crossing the road quickly after all vehicles have stopped.
[Transportation Home Page]
Back to CFISD.NET