Fiest requires a handwritten note for any change of transportation. The note should state the student's full name, the date, the new mode of transportation, the date for the change to occur, and have a signature of the legal guardian. The three ways to change transportation:
- Send a note in your student's backpack in the morning.
- Drop a note off at the front desk.
- Fax a handwritten note with an attached ID to the front desk at 281-856-1174.
ALL requests for transportation changes must be submitted by 3:30pm to make a change for the same day. For the safety of our students, no over-the-phone changes can be accepted.
Release of Students
A student will not be released from school at times other than regular dismissal hours except with the principal's or designee's permission, and in accordance with campus sign-out procedures.
- Must bring a note from his or her parent/legal guardian/supervisory adult specifying the reason for the early release, the release time, and the person picking up the student in order for the student to be waiting in the front office;
- Will receive a pass to be released at the specified time;
- Will be sent to the receptionist/attendance office to wait to be released to the appropriate person;
- Is to be signed out by the appropriate person with the attendance office/receptionist; Will be marked absent if checked out before 10AM by teachers during their absence;
- May have attendance code modified by attendance secretary to reflect the absence; and
- Will have a note placed in the student’s attendance file.
Early pick up ends at 3:30pm. All persons, including parents, should be prepared to present a picture ID to school officials when requesting the release of a student.
For additional transporation and release of student information, please see the Student Handbook.