The CFISD Mentor Program is a partnership with volunteers from businesses, faith-based organizations, non-profit organizations, the community, and CFISD to encourage students (elementary through high school) to finish school and focus on future education and career goals.
A mentor is a suitable role model committed to helping a student with his/her academic and social development. Mentors meet with students one-on-one at the student’s campus for approximately 30 minutes each week. Mentors must be 18 years or older.
|Monday, October 16, 2023||9-10 a.m.||Mark Henry Administration Building|
BECOME A MENTOR
The steps to volunteer as a mentor are listed below.
- Complete a Global Volunteer / Mentor Application, including consenting to a criminal history record check. After your application is approved, you will receive account information and a password from firstname.lastname@example.org (this may take up to 10 business days).
- After completing your application, attend a Mentor education session (held at the Mark Henry Administration Building, 11440 Matzke Road, Cypress, TX, 77429). Session dates are posted on our web page.
- Partner with campus Community Engagement Mentor Liaison to be matched to a mentee.
- Log your mentor hours in the Raptor Volunteer Portal. All volunteers who have recorded at least one volunteer hour in the current school year will receive an invitation to the annual VIPS Appreciation Luncheon.
- Present your driver's license at the school's front desk each time you volunteer and ask the receptionist to sign you in as a mentor (not a visitor).
If you have any questions about your mentor status, please call 281-894-3950.
APPLY TO BE A MENTOR!