Cypress-Fairbanks ISD does not offer observation hours during the summer months.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS:
- Complete the online application. (Under Job Seekers > Career Opportunities > Job Postings)
- Search for “Observations”and apply to that job listing.
- For questions or to inquire about the status of your application, call (281) 897-4050.
- College/University letter or syllabus stating that observations are a part of the semester course requirements.
Fall Observations – begin in late September and end the last week of November.
Fall Observation Request Submission Timeline – beginning of each semester through the second week of November.
Spring Observations - begin in mid-January and end the last week of March.
Spring Observations Request Submission Timeline – beginning of each semester through the second week of March.
OBTAINING AN OBSERVATION PASS:
Once your application is submitted and your background check is complete, your observation pass will be emailed to you. Please note that each observation pass has an expiration date and is valid for one semester.
- Processing requests may take a minimum of 5 days. Apply early.
- When approved, students must call or email the campus contact to schedule an observation time. Some campuses may require advance scheduling. Campuses may limit the number of observers, hours, days and time observations can be conducted. Changes may occur without prior notice. Please call ahead.
- Communication is key when collaborating with the campuses. Inability to follow through with your scheduled commitment may affect future observation opportunities with CFISD.
- You can only observe on the campuses provided to you by the Human Resource contact person. You are not to make requests for other campuses.
- No observations will be allowed on testing days.
- We will not schedule observations during summer school.
- Approved observation time frames are by semester and do not extend into the following semester.
- All observers must follow the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Health and Safety Protocols.
- You must present an electronic or printed Approval pass with you to each campus after being approved by HR.
- Provide the campus with your driver’s license, student photo ID, or state/government-issued photo identification.
- All cell phone use for any purpose during observations is prohibited.
- Professional dress is required for all observers. Admittance to campus may be denied if attire is deemed inappropriate by an administrator.
- Remember that all information concerning students is confidential.
- You may not observe in your child’s classroom.
- Respect the decision of the campus administrator regarding which classroom and teachers you will be assigned to observe.
- The campus administrator has the authority to deny or discontinue requests for observation hours.
- Be respectful of the campus’ ultimate purpose, educating the students that attend the campus and serving the needs of those families. Assisting with observations is not a focus to their main goal. Please be courteous to the campus assisting you.