ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 1-12
The following documents are required when registering students for school in CFISD:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics¹ (see details below).
- a current immunization record.
- a government-issued, photo ID for the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- proof of residency²(see details below).
- a social security card for each child, if available.
- a report card or transcript from the child’s last school, if students are registering for the sixth or ninth grade.
¹Birth Certificate: Please visit the City of Houston Bureau of Vital Statistics to obtain a birth certificate if the student was born in Harris County.
²Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, parents will be asked to provide proof of residency dated within the last 30 days. Documents that are provided should reflect the parent/legal guardian's name and street address. Please be prepared to submit one item from Line A and one item from Line B.
- Line A: (Lessee) Verification in the form of your current lease/(Homeowner)Verification in the form of HCAD records, a mortgage statement, or closing documents
- Line B: Verification in the form of your current gas, water, or light bill
For registration assistance, please call (281) 517-6342.