Student Transfers (2021-22)
Cypress-Fairbanks I.S.D. supports the concept of neighborhood schools and community involvement. Students are assigned to a school according to an attendance area based on each student’s respective primary residence as determined by the District. If a student desires to attend a school other than the campus they are currently assigned, the District provides the following options:
1. Move Into/Move Out of the Attendance Zone Transfer Requests are available to currently enrolled CFISD students who:
- move out of an attendance zone after August 23, 2021 (the first day of the 2021-2022 school year) OR
- currently reside in another CFISD attendance zone/outside of CFISD but will be moving into a CFISD attendance zone within 18 weeks from the date of application.
Students who moved out of a school’s attendance zone but remained in the district may use this form to request a transfer to remain at their current campus. Students who moved during the 2019-20 or 2020-21 school year and/or outside of the district are not eligible for this type of transfer.
In addition, families who have a signed contract on a home within CFISD may also use this form to request a transfer to enroll at the CFISD campus that is zoned for their new address. Families that are moving from outside of the district should contact Student Services/Admissions for additional information.
2. Optional Transfer Requests are approved based on the number of spaces that are available in a particular school and/or grade. In addition, prior to this type of transfer being approved, the following shall be considered:
- reason for transfer;
- receiving campus’ enrollment;
- receiving campus’ class size; and
- time of the school year i.e.) state testing, end of year, etc.
*Please note that Optional Transfer Requests cannot be accepted or processed in response to boundary changes approved by the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Board of Trustees.
Should you have any questions regarding student transfers, please contact the office of Student Services/Admissions at (281) 517-6342 or email the office at email@example.com.