The mission of the Risk Management Office is the preservation of the District's human, financial, and physical aspects and resources from the consequences of losses. The Risk Management Department will implement sound fiscal risk management planning and practices to maximize all available resources in support of the mission and goals of the District.
The Risk Management Department handles property, liability, auto, student accident, and workers’ compensation insurance for the district.
- Renewing coverage
- Filing claims
- Requesting Certificates of Insurance
- Reviewing contractor and vendor insurance
If you are injured while at work:
- Report your injury to your supervisor within 24 hours of the injury.
- Obtain the Medical Services and Information Pack from your supervisor
- If you need medical attention you are required to use a provider on The Alliance Network
- For your convenience we’ve listed a few of the local ALLIANCE primary care providers below. Many others are available on the Political Subdivision Workers’ Compensation Alliance provider network.
In order to protect our employee’s health, prevent accidents and lower our workers compensation costs, CFISD is implementing a district wide Accident Prevention Program. The goal of the program is to prevent accidents that lead to injuries, time away from work and workers compensation costs.
The following safety training material below is provided by the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) and the CFISD Risk Management Office:
GENERAL SAFETY ACCIDENT PREVENTION TRAINERS (5 MINS. EACH):
The following videos are provided to introduce and supplement campus and department Accident Prevention Training:
Second Video: Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls
Preventing Back Injuries (2 mins)
Updated: Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls