The one and only "Cy" School
Cy-Fair High School's history is enriched with pride and tradition. In 1884, a one-room school was built, which was named Big Cypress School House, No. 2, Dist. 6. All grades attended this one-room school. Elementary and high school students were eventually provided with separate facilities, and Big Cypress School House was renamed Lamkin Elementary. Cy-Fair High School was officially established on the same site in 1935. Three students comprised the graduating class. Throughout the years, the enrollment of students increased immensely.
Today Cy-Fair High School is a"TEA Recognized" campus, receiving the Recognized School Award for student performance in 1997-98. The school has approximately 30 active student clubs, . Seventy percent of Cy-Fair High School graduates go on to college.
In 2001, Cy-Fair ISD completed a $28 million total makeover of Cy-Fair High School providing students with a modern, state-of-the-art campus. The renovations included 20 additional classrooms, a new library and commons area, and new science and physical education wings, while preserving the historic character of the respected campus.