NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Please note you will still need to provide the documents listed below to the school registrar to complete the registration process. If you have any questions contact Smith at 281-213-1010.
The following documents are required when registering students for school in CFISD:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics¹ (see details below).
- a current immunization record.
- a government-issued, photo ID for the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- proof of residency²(see details below).
- a social security card for each child, if available.
- a report card from the child’s last school
¹Birth Certificate: Please visit the City of Houston Bureau of Vital Statistics to obtain a birth certificate if the student was born in Harris County.
²Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, parents will be asked to provide proof of residency dated within the last 30 days. Documents that are provided should reflect the parent/legal guardian's name and street address.
Please be prepared to submit one item from Line A and one item from Line B.
Line A: (Lessee) Verification in the form of your current lease/(Homeowner)Verification in the form of HCAD records, a mortgage statement, or closing documents
Line B: Verification in the form of your current gas, water, or light bill
For questions about registering at Smith Middle School, call us at (281) 213-1010 or email us.