Is my child ready for virtual learning?
Use the following questions to help you assess your student's readiness for online learning.
For each question, answer rarely, sometimes or most of the time.
- My child would be described as someone who has good organizational skills and completes assignments ahead of time.
- My child is a motivated and self-directed learner.
- When my child encounters a problem during class or with homework, he/she knows how to review directions, check his/her work and ask for support.
- When it comes to managing time, my child accomplishes everything that needs to be done for the day.
- When it comes to reading, my child is an independent reader who willingly engages with text or books. (Age and level appropriate)
- My child has a dedicated, quiet place to attend Cypress-Fairbanks Virtual School.
- My child has solid keyboarding skills and feels confident in using Zoom, Schoology, Google tools, Microsoft tools, etc. (Age Appropriate)
If you answered most of the time to at least 5 of the questions, your child may be ready for Temporary Virtual Learning.