Cypress-Fairbanks ISD offers Fall and Spring internships. Internship opportunities during the summer months require prior approval from Human Resources.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS
Please contact the respective coordinator for further instructions before applying:
- Cosmetology – Sharon Hogue
- Deaf Education – Carla Reid
- Diagnosticians – Deanna Hicks
- Librarians – Jennifer Lucas
- Speech Language Pathology – Kelly Mock
- Psychology – Jamie Griffin
After speaking with the respective coordinator, complete the online application. Search for “Internship” and apply to that job listing.
To check the status of your internship application, contact Human Resources at 281-897-4050.
- Letter of support from current instructor (include current date, course enrolled in, and instructor’s name and contact information).
- Resumé with previous and current experience (professional and/or educational).
Please note, the required documentation can vary depending on the internship.
Once your application is submitted and your background check is complete, you will receive an approval email with the following information:
- Assigned campus
- Campus mentor
- Start/end date of internship
- How to obtain a CFISD intern badge
Please consider applying early to ensure that you can begin your internship by the established timeline for your program.
- Fall Internships – begin in September and end the last week of instruction in December.
- Spring Internships – begin in January and end the last week of instruction in May.
- Internship opportunities during the summer months require prior approval from Human Resources.
- All observers must follow the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Health and Safety Protocols.
- Professional dress is required for all observers. Admittance to a campus may be denied if attire is deemed inappropriate by an administrator.
- All information concerning students must remain confidential.
- Observers are not permitted to conduct observations in their children’s classroom.
- District coordinators have the final decision regarding campus and mentor assignments.
- Be respectful, courteous, and flexible to the campus’ needs while observing at a campus.