Farney Elementary promotes achievement levels that reflect high expectations, positive attitudes, teamwork, and respect for differences. Nurtured by staff, parents, and the community, students experience a well-balanced curriculum and a challenging learning environment. Parent involvement is valued as an avenue to ensure student success and a sense of community.
- Maintain high expectations for students-that they will demonstrate exemplary performance in their reading and writing of the English language and in their understanding of mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Improve the academic outcomes of students in special populations (such as Limited English Proficient, gifted/talented, and special education) by implementing curricula designed to meet their needs.
- Ensure students' literacy by making certain that all students can read and write on grade level or above by the end of third grade and every year thereafter.
- Ensure students' competence by making certain that they reach or exceed grade level standards in math, science, and social studies by the end of third grade and every year thereafter.
- Maximize student attendance and completion rates by remedying situations causing absenteeism and by reducing dropouts (psychological as well as physical).
- Motivate students to strive for physical and emotional fitness and to embrace a drug-free lifestyle.
- Close the achievement gap between at -risk and non-at-risk students by elevating expectations of their performance, accelerating their academic growth, and varying the strategies used in their instruction.
- Farney Elementary School is a community of learners consisting of students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators, and business partners. As members of a community, we work cooperatively as a team. Everyone contributes to the successes we so proudly celebrate at our school.
- Farney Elementary is located in Cypress Point Subdivision on Barker Cypress near Spring Cypress.
- Farney provides an education for students grades PK-5.
940 students as of October 29, 2021.
|HISPANIC||NATIVE AMERICAN||ASIAN||AFRICAN AMERICAN||PACIFIC ISLANDER||WHITE||TWO OR MORE RACES||ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGED|