COLLEGE AND CAREER
Your College and Career Specialist is Stephanie England. The College and Career Specialist works both at the campus level and district level to provide information to students and parents regarding the college process, career options, and how to best prepare yourself for post-secondary education. I work closely with your guidance counselors on the Cypress Woods High School Campus, and I want to partner with you the best way I can.
If you are a university requesting a campus visit to Cy-Woods, please contact Stephanie England, M.Ed. - College and Career Specialist.
The College and Career Center is now open. Located inside the Cypress Woods Library, the College and Career Center is open during all lunches and before or after school.
Wildcats are also welcome to schedule an appointment with Mrs. England. Stop by the College and Career Center located inside the library or email email@example.com.
Final Junior Year GPA and Class Rank will be available on June 13, 2023. Students can view updated transcripts in their Home Access Center.
If you are applying to college this summer, you can order an updated transcript to be sent to colleges online.
LONE STAR COLLEGE DUAL CREDIT RATES FOR 2023-2024
Lone Star College has announced a fee increase for Dual Credit courses.
3 hr course will cost $120
4 hr course will cost $160
Hours for a course can be determined by the second number for the course; for example, HIST 1301, this course is a 3 hr course at Lone Star College.
This is still a low price for a college course, plus it is a fabulous opportunity to save money and earn a degree faster. In addition, CFISD does purchase the textbooks for dual credit classes, so that will be another opportunity where you can save money while earning dual college credit in high school. Some college textbooks can range from $75 upwards to $200+ dollars.
Lone Star College does offer a payment plan.
Comparing tuition prices to other schools based on student taking 12 hours (4 classes):
Lone Star College Dual Credit: $480
Lone Star College (after high school graduation): $1152
University of Texas Austin: $5703
Texas A&M University: $5538
University of Houston: $4237
Sam Houston State: $4268
Stephen F. Austin State: $4217
Remember the above prices do not include room and board expenses.
Cy Hope will generously pay for half of one Dual Credit course for qualified students. Complete the application by May 4.
Dual Credit 22-23 School Year
Registration for 2023-2024 Dual Credit Classes is open.
Application for Cy Hope Scholarship, Due MAY 4
How to Make a Dual Credit Payment
- Dual Credit registration has a HARD deadline of April 28, 2023 so please work quickly so that you do not miss deadlines.
The steps to enroll in DC classes are:
1. Apply to Lone Star College to receive an LSC ID Number.
2. Check your test scores to see if you are eligible.
3. Complete the PINK Dual Credit Registration form and give it to Mrs. England or Ms. Pickett no later than April 28, 2023.
For more detailed directions, please visit www.tinyurl.com/cw212college
To request a transcript, please follow these steps:
- Go to the CFISD Transcripts & Records page.
- Click on the green laptop icon labeled "ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST."
- Submit your request on the ScribOrder site. Official transcripts can be sent directly to colleges or scholarship committees. Unofficial transcripts can be sent to your home address.
If you have immediate needs, email Karla Rutan.
College 101 for Class of 2023
Ways to Stay in Touch This Summer:
1. Sign up for the Class of 2024 College and Career Remind - text cwhs24 to 81010
2. Bookmark the Cypress Woods College and Career site.