WHO WE ARE
The CFISD Community Leadership Committee is a volunteer group of parents, business people, and retirees who believe that having a strong independent school district is important to the economic well-being of the Cypress-Fairbanks community. Our local schools are the heart of our community.
LEARN how local, state, and federal issues impact the quality of education in CFISD; SHARE information with parent, taxpayer, and business communities, enabling them to become more knowledgeable and engaged; and COMMUNICATE with elected officials, making them aware of the impact of proposed legislation on quality public education.
CLC ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- A-F Accountability: What the Texas A-F Letter Grades Do Not Tell
- Say NO to Vouchers
- How Charter Schools are funded:
CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS
- The Twisted Saga of Texas School Finance: How we got here
- Raise Your Hand Texas [video]
- Does the Texas Lottery Fund Texas Schools?
- Armored school doors, bulletproof whiteboards and secret snipers
- CFISD Safety & Security Measures
- As New Commission Prepares to Meet, it’s Time to Take Real Action on Public School Finance
- Analysis: Texas’ most persistent policy problem
- Investing in Our Future: What you need to know as Texas re-examines the school finance system
- Texas panel set to discuss school finance fix. Can they iron out lawmakers’ disagreements?
- Taxparency Texas [Video]
Analysis: Texas budget writers treasure that school tax you hate
2018-19 MEETING SCHEDULE
Location: ISC Board Room
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
|Sept. 17, 2018|
|Nov. 12, 2018|
|Dec. 3, 2018|
|Jan. 7, 2019|
|Feb. 4, 2019|
|March 4, 2019|
|April 8, 2019|
|May 6, 2019|
|June 3, 2019|