The CFISD Mentor Program is a cooperative effort of volunteers from businesses, faith-based and/or non-profit organizations, the community and the school district designed to encourage students (elementary through high school) to finish school and focus on future education and career goals. A mentor is a suitable role model committed to helping a student with his/her academic and social development. Mentors meet with students one-on-one for approximately 30 minutes each week. Currently, over 700 mentors are matched with students. Mentors must be 18 years or older.
Mentor Flyer ~ [Español]
To become a mentor you must:
- attend a training session (REGISTER);
- complete a global volunteer/mentor application;
- consent to a criminal history record check;
Training Sessions -
Registration is REQUIRED.
- Register for a training session. Training is held at the Berry Center, 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
- If you would like to schedule mentor training at your place of business, please contact the Community Engagement department, Bevin Gordon, Director of Marketing and Business Relations at 281-894-3950.
- A volunteer portal account will be created for you in Raptor once you have been approved as a mentor (this is the system that the front desk will use at the school in order to give you a nametag). Your login information will then be sent to you by Raptor via e-mail. Access your account by visiting the Raptor Volunteer Portal.