December 17, 2020
Cy-Fair High School senior Jack Witmer, center, poses with his family after signing his letter of intent to play college football at the University of Virginia on Dec. 16.
Dec. 17, 2020—Ten CFISD athletes signed letters of intent to play collegiate athletics or were honored for inking their letters during earlier signing periods on National Signing Day, Dec. 16.
For Division I football, the early period for students enrolling at their respective colleges and universities for the 2020-2021 school year began Dec. 16 and runs through Dec. 18. The signing period for Division I basketball (early) and all other Division I and Division II sports began Nov. 11.
Bridgeland High School senior Dylan Goffney signed his letter of intent to play college football at Southern Methodist University on Dec. 16.
The following CFISD athletes signed or plan to sign letters of intent:
Bridgeland High School senior Bryce McMorris smiles after signing a letter of intent to Southern Methodist University on Dec. 16.
Bridgeland High School
· Dylan Goffney, football – Southern Methodist University; and
· Bryce McMorris, football – Southern Methodist University.
Cy-Fair High School
· Jack Witmer, football – University of Virginia.
Cypress Falls High School senior JP Martin signed his letter of intent to the University of Memphis on Dec. 16.
Cypress Falls High School
· Alvin John Paul Martin, football – University of Memphis.
Cypress Ranch High School senior Jude Camacho smiles after signing his letter of intent to Bellarmine University.
Cypress Ranch High School senior Cole Clepper smiles during the signing day ceremony at the school on Dec. 16. Clepper signed a letter of intent to play college baseball at Cisco College.
Cypress Ranch School senior Ty Shannon smiles after signing her letter of intent to play volleyball at LeTourneau University.
Cypress Ranch High School
· Jude Camacho, wrestling – Bellarmine University;
· Cole Clepper, baseball – Cisco College;
· Ty Shannon, volleyball – LeTourneau University;
· Romario Noel, football – Baylor University; and
· Benjamin Postma, football – Georgia Institute of Technology.
Cypress Ranch High School senior Romario Noel signed his letter of intent to Baylor University on Dec. 16.
Cypress Ranch High School Benjamin Postma signed his letter of intent to play college football at Georgia Institute of Technology on Dec. 16.
Langham Creek High School Jayhvion Gipson poses with his parents after signing his letter of intent to play football at Texas Christian University on Dec. 16.
Langham Creek High School
· Jayhvion Gipson, football – Texas Christian University.