Cypress Creek High School senior Eddie Jimerson (No. 6) and the Cougars defeated Katy Mayde Creek, 35-14, in a Division I Region III area round playoff to advance to the regional semifinals against Houston Strake Jesuit on Nov. 29.
Nov. 24, 2019—The Cypress Creek High School football team won its area playoff matchup Nov. 21 to advance to the regional semifinal round of the postseason on Nov. 29.
In the Class 6A Division II playoff bracket, Cypress Creek won its Region III matchup, beating Katy Mayde Creek, 35-14, at Pridgeon Stadium. The Cougars will face Houston Strake Jesuit on Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. at NRG Stadium (1 Reliant Park). Cypress Creek will serve as the designated visiting team.
In the Class 6A Division I bracket, Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls, Cypress Ranch and Cypress Woods high schools ended their seasons as area finalists:
- Cy-Fair lost to Katy, 27-14, on Nov. 22 at Tully Stadium;
- Cypress Falls lost to Katy Tompkins, 30-27, in double overtime on Nov. 22 at Legacy Stadium in Katy;
- Cypress Woods lost to The Woodlands, 34-38, in triple overtime on Nov. 22 at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium; and
- Cypress Ranch lost to Klein Oak, 41-7, on Nov. 23 at Waller ISD Stadium.
Cypress Falls High School senior Ricky Johnson (No. 4) and Eagles ended their season as area finalists. They lost to Katy Tompkins, 30-27, in double overtime. (Photo by Freja Cini, Cypress Falls HS)
Regional semifinal round playoff ticket sale information is as follows:
- Pre-sale tickets will be $13 for adults and $6 for students. All tickets sold at the gate will be $15 apiece and NRG Stadium charges $15 per vehicle for parking.
- Tickets will be on sale at Cypress Creek High School (9815 Grant Road) in the athletic office that can be accessed utilizing the doors to the gyms and athletic areas at the back of the school. The office is off of main street and signage will help direct you to the office. Tickets will be sold on campus from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Monday, Nov. 25 and from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 26 and 27.
- Tickets will also be available for purchase at the CFISD athletic office at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Road, entrance 2) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 25 and from 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Nov. 26.