CTE in CFISD
STATS ABOUT CFISD CTE - Opportunity Starts Here!
- Almost 400 CTE teachers serve over 30,000 high school students and 12,000 middle school students.
- 130 CTE courses are offered across 14 career clusters, allowing students to earn endorsements in Business & Industry, Public Services, and STEM.
- In general, all courses are available to all students, regardless of which CFISD campus they attend. Each of our campuses offers a comprehensive CTE program.
- At least 64 industry certification opportunities are available to students in CTE courses districtwide. For the vast majority of certifications, the training/prep is free; students only need to pay any exam fee. (Scholarships are available--see your counselor for more details.)
- About one-half of the certification opportunities available to students satisfy the requirement for a student to earn a Performance Acknowledgement.
CTE – Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs offer a sequence of courses that provides students with coherent and rigorous content. CTE content is aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in current or emerging professions.
CTE Google Site
"Opportunity starts here" rings true in many respects when it comes to Career & Technical Education in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. The goal of the website is to highlight many of the opportunities available to our students--unlocking doors to the future.
- CFISD Career & Technical Education Courses
CFISD CTE IN ACTION