HORIZONS Gifted & Talented
HORIZONS is the program that serves gifted and talented students in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.
Horizons Open Referral Period
Currently enrolled students may be referred for the HORIZONS program any time. Referrals must be received by the last school day in November in order for students to be assessed in early spring.
Those interested in referring students should review the information on this page, especially:
- Program Overview
- Parent Information
- Testing for HORIZONS Program
Please contact the elementary counselor or secondary director of instruction for your students’ campus for more details.
The referral/parent permission deadline for mid-year 2021 testing is November, 30, 2020.
- Sept. 28 – Oct. 16 Fall Testing for new transfer students from out-of-state and private schools only.
- TBA – HORIZONS parent information session
- Overview of HORIZONS Program Services for Gifted Students ~ [Español]
- Who Are Gifted and Talented Children? ~ [Español]
- GT Parenting Resources ~ [Español]
- Tips for Parenting the Gifted Child ~ [Español]
- Activities for HORIZONS Students
- What is Destination Imagination? ~ [Español]
- Types of Gifted Students ~ [Español]