Cy-Fair Garden Fresh
Welcome to the 2017-2018 Cy-Fair Garden Fresh Nutrition Education program!
Through our partnership with Ready to Grow Gardens, we have developed a harvest calendar that coincides with our school lunch menu for Cy-Fair Garden Fresh Fridays.
Our goal is to increase Fruit & Vegetable selection and consumption through a multi-faceted nutrition education approach.
Lesson Plans in Health & PE
Health and PE Lesson Plans developed by our dietitians and dietetic interns are available.
School garden planting/growing/harvesting coordinated with the Cy-Fair Garden Fresh item.
- All gardens managed through Ready to Grow gardens will have all CFGF items through their partnership.
- Every month we will feature a survey with links to see district-wide results.
- These results can be used in Math or wherever the campus sees appropriate.
Nutrition Services Department Communications
- Signage in the cafeteria will identify the Cy-Fair Garden Fresh item served on the First Friday of each month.
- Posters with nutrition education information will be posted in the cafeteria.
- View our monthly Garden Fresh features here (link to Garden Fresh Calendar jpeg).
Garden Fresh Monthly News