Last updated: 5/22/2020
- May 22, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- Feb. 26, 2020
Learning at Home
frequently asked questions
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act)
If you have lost housing due to economic hardship, please complete a CFISD Student Residency Questionnaire to determine if you are eligible for services through the McKinney-Vento Act. Email the completed form to [email protected] and a member of the Families in Transition (FIT) Team will contact you to discuss eligibility. More information on this act and the FIT program visit the Families in Transition (FIT) webpage.
- Meals are available for children 18 years and younger meals at any CFISD school listed; this is not dependent on where the student is enrolled.
- See curbside service pick-up procedures (effective 3/30/20).
Schools available for curbside meals: Anthony MS, Arnold MS, Bane ES, Cy Creek HS, Cy Lakes HS, Cy Park HS, Cy Ridge HS, Cy Springs HS, Danish ES, Francone ES, Frazier ES, Goodson MS, Holbrook ES, Kahla MS, Kirk ES, Matzke ES, Langham Creek HS, Thornton MS, Truitt MS.
Beginning Monday, June 1:
- Cypress Park HS will be closed and will begin serving from Walker ES
Mental Health Resources
- MHM: May 2020: May is Mental Health Month
- MHM: April 2020: Managing Stress Edition
- MHM March 2020: Volume 12
MHM March 2020: Special Edition Coronavirus
MHIT Stress Relief Workshop Video Series
- Part I: Understanding Stress (available now)
- Part II: 10 cc's of Self-Care, STAT!
- Part III: Bring (work-life) Balance to the Force
- Part IV: Fostering Hope During Difficult Times (available after May 27)
- Health & Safety Tips
- Proper Handwashing
Financial Assistance During COVID-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease ~ [Español]
- NASP: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource ~ [Español]
- PBS Kids: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus ~ [Español]
- Caregiving amidst COVID-19: How do we support our children during a pandemic?
- CDC: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Child Mind Institute: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus ~ [Español]
- Helping Children Cope with COVID-19
- Taking Care of Yourself - High School Students
- Staying Calm in the Midst of the Storm
- Nurturing Your Child's Mental Health ~ [Español]
Closed Schools Are Creating More Trauma For Students
- Center for School Behavioral Health Resources
Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources