Transfer Information (2018-2019)

Cypress-Fairbanks I.S.D. supports the concept of neighborhood schools and community involvement. Students are assigned to a school according to an attendance area based on each student’s respective primary residence as determined by the District. If a student desires to attend a school other than the campus they are currently assigned, the District provides the following options:


  1. Optional Transfer Requests are approved based on the number of spaces that are available in a particular school and/or grade. In addition, prior to this type of transfer being approved, the following shall be considered:

- reason for transfer;
- receiving campus’ enrollment;
- receiving campus’ class size; and
- time of the school year i.e.) state testing, end of year, etc.

Beginning, March 1, 2019 through the end of the 2018-2019 school year, Optional Transfer Request will be considered for students in consideration of a campus’ ability to support a student’s health and safety.

*Please note that Optional Transfer Requests cannot be accepted or processed in response to boundary changes approved by the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Board of Trustees.

2018-19 CFISD Optional Transfer Request Form ~ [Español]

  1. Move Into/Move Out of the Attendance Zone Transfer Requests are available to students whose primary residence changes from one attendance zone within the District to another attendance zone within the District after the school year has begun. Students who moved during the summer,  previous school year and/or outside of the district are not eligible for this type of transfer.

    2018-19 CFISD Change of Residence Transfer Request Form ~ [Español

    Should you have any questions regarding student transfers, please contact the registrar at your child’s current campus, contact the office of Student Services/Admissions at (281) 517-6342 or email the office at [email protected]t

Javascript Required

Sorry, this site does not work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable JavaScript or contact your local administrator.