Ensure that students’ competence reaches or exceeds grade-level standards in all content areas.
Maintain a safe and disciplined environment conducive to student learning and employee effectiveness.
Ensure that students understand the importance of attending school regularly.
Curriculum - Elementary
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
1014 students as of September 17, 2018.
Bang is named after Ramona Schmidt Bang, who had a distinguished career as a secretary before being named supervisor in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD's Business Department. Her career spanned 37 years with the District.
The Bang Elementary PTO meets on a regular basis. The organization funds cultural arts activities and field trips, organizes volunteers, sponsors various student events, and conducts fund-raisers, which have provided technology, landscaping, books, and playground equipment.
Mona Shires - Treasurer
Partnerships with the community are vital in order to strengthen instructional outcomes for all students. We would like you to develop a collaborative relationship with us that will foster long-term student achievement ... one that offers opportunities for all students ... making a difference together. For more information, please contact Shelli Mangum.