The CFISD Board of Trustees voted during its June 13 meeting to pass a 2022-2023 budget that will include a salary increase of 2% as well as recruitment and retention stipends for professional, hourly, and paraprofessional staff.
June 13, 2022—The Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Board of Trustees adopted the 2022-2023 budget in the amount of $1,167,002,635 during its regularly scheduled meeting on June 13. The proposed budget was presented during the June 9 board work session.
The general fund budget includes local revenues of $601,850,339, state revenues of $430,947,000 and federal revenues and other sources of $25,200,000. CFISD’s total revenues amount to $1,057,997,339.
CFISD plans to provide raises for all staff for the 11th consecutive year. The district’s 2022-2023 budget proposal calls for:
- a salary increase of 2% on the greater of midpoint or base for all staff;
- two $1,000 recruitment and retention stipends for full-time hourly and paraprofessional staff, one to be paid in the fall semester and the other to be paid in the spring semester;
- two $500 recruitment and retention stipends for full-time professional staff, one to be paid in the fall semester and the other to be paid in the spring semester;
- an increase in the teacher starting salary from $58,500 to $60,500; and
- an increase of $18 per day in substitute pay.
In addition to payroll and other administrative costs, the 2022-2023 budget proposal provides for additional teachers and paraprofessional for growth, additional police officers, elementary and middle school behavior interventionist / testing coordinator positions, operating costs to open new facilities, increase in fuel and utility costs, an increase in custodian starting pay and other miscellaneous increases.
View the complete 2022-2023 budget presentation on the CFISD website.