- Hairgrove Elementary School
- Hairgrove/School News
Bracket features top teams for 13th annual Cy-Hoops Invitational
Cypress Ranch and South Grand Prairie high schools compete in the 12th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational at the Berry Center in December 2021. Both schools will be among the 24 teams to compete in the 13th annual tournament, which will be held Dec. 8-10 at Bridgeland, Cy-Fair and Cypress Ranch high schools and the Berry Center.
Nov. 29, 2022—CFISD basketball coaches have released the finalized bracket for the 13th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational, to be held Dec. 8-10 at three CFISD high schools and the Berry Center.
The three-day, 24-team tournament features Premier Sponsors Wainwright Dental & Associates, P.C., Spradley Endodontics and Spring Cypress Oral Surgery and Implant Center, in addition to Cypress Lakes High School graduate De’Aaron Fox, now in his sixth NBA season with the Sacramento Kings. Proceeds from the tournament will help fund Cy-Fair Educational Foundation scholarships for graduating CFISD seniors and staff development programs.
Tournament games will be played at the following locations:
- Bridgeland High School (10707 Mason Road);
- Cy-Fair High School (22602 Northwest Freeway);
- Cypress Ranch High School (10700 Fry Road; and
- the Berry Center arena (8877 Barker Cypress Road – entrance 2).
A tournament bracket is available on the Cy-Hoops page of the Berry Center website. The following first-round games are set for Thursday, Dec. 8:
- Cypress Ranch vs. Klein, Cypress Ranch gym 1;
- Langham Creek vs. Cypress Creek, Cypress Ranch gym 2;
- Cy-Fair vs. Dickinson, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cypress Woods vs. Alvin Shadow Creek, Cy-Fair gym 2;
- Bridgeland vs. Harker Heights, Bridgeland gym 1; and
- Cypress Falls vs. Aldine Eisenhower, Bridgeland gym 2;
- Cypress Park vs. Humble Summer Creek, Cypress Ranch gym 1;
- Cypress Ridge vs. South Grand Prairie, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cypress Lakes vs. Silsbee, Cy-Fair gym 2;
- Jersey Village vs. Denton Guyer, Bridgeland gym 1;
- Cypress Springs vs. Keller, Bridgeland gym 2; and
- Spring vs. Waxahachie, Cypress Ranch gym 2.
All teams are guaranteed three games and will advance to play throughout the day on Friday, Dec. 9 at Bridgeland, Cypress Ranch and the Berry Center. The tournament semifinals are scheduled for 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 11 at the Berry Center, with the championship game set for 5:30 p.m. The consolation final will follow the championship semifinals.
CFISD’s 12 high school boys’ basketball teams will participate in the tournament. Cypress Creek is currently No. 8 in Class 6A in the most recent Texas Association of Basketball Coaches rankings, while Cypress Falls is No. 25.
Silsbee is currently No. 3 in 4A, while the field also includes 6A No. 6 Humble Summer Creek, 6A No. 21 Denton Guyer and 6A No. 22 Harker Heights.
Tickets will be sold at the gate for $5 (adults) and $3 (students), with a tournament pass granting access to all games for $10.
For Berry Center games only, any child or student wearing a youth/school team jersey and accompanied by a parent will be admitted free. Friday, Dec. 9 will serve as CFISD Middle School Night at the Berry Center and student-athletes not traveling with their respective teams will be admitted free with their jerseys. Halftime competitions for participants are scheduled for the 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. games.
The Rennell Elementary School cheer squad and step teams from Bridgeland and Cy-Fair high Schools are scheduled to perform at halftime during games Saturday at the Berry Center.
The Final Four Fan Jam truck will make an appearance at the Berry Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10 to help promote literacy. The interactive pop-up truck features activities including basketball goals, mascot appearances, giveaways and a reading nook. Among the many photo opportunities will include the Men’s Final Four trophy. Attendees are encouraged to bring books appropriate for elementary school students, as they will be used in the Read to the Final Four literacy program.