- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
- CFISD Homepage
Cy Springs wins girls’ basketball title; six teams enter playoffs
The Cypress Springs High School girls’ basketball team poses with the District 16-6A championship trophy. The Panthers are the outright district champions for the second consecutive year and will enter the UIL playoffs against Klein at 7 p.m. on Feb. 12 at Cypress Ridge High School.
Feb. 12, 2024—The District 16-6A and District 17-6A girls’ basketball seasons ended on Feb. 7, with six CFISD teams qualifying for the UIL playoffs.
Cypress Springs High School claimed the District 16-6A championship for the second consecutive year. The Panthers posted a perfect 14-0 district record to be named the outright district champion.
Cypress Lakes High School and Langham Creek High School both finished with an 11-3 district record and flipped for playoff seeding. Cypress Lakes enters the playoffs at the District 16-6A second seed and Langham Creek enters as the District 16-6A third seed. Cypress Falls High School defeated Bridgeland and Cypress Ranch high schools in a mini play-in tournament after all three programs finished the season with a 6-8 record. The Golden Eagles enter the playoffs as District 16-6A’s fourth seed.
In District 17-6A, Cypress Creek High School finished second, posting a 12-2 record in district play. Jersey Village High School tied with Spring Branch ISD’s Stratford High School for third with an 8-6 record and flipped for seeding. The Falcons enter the playoffs as District 17-6A’s fourth seed.
Cypress Springs, Cypress Lakes, Langham Creek and Cypress Falls will enter the UIL Region II-6A playoffs with the following bi-district matchups:
- Cypress Springs will meet Klein at 7 p.m. on Feb. 12 at Cypress Ridge High School (7900 N. Eldridge Pkwy.);
- Cypress Lakes will play Tomball at 7 p.m. on Feb. 13 at Cypress Creek High School (9815 Grant Road);
- Langham Creek will meet Klein Oak at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 12 at Cypress Woods High School (13550 Woods-Spillane Blvd.); and
- Cypress Falls will play Klein Collins at 6 p.m. on Feb. 13 at Klein Cain High School (10201 Spring Cypress Road).
Cypress Creek and Jersey Village will enter the UIL Region III-6A playoffs with the following bi-district matchups:
- Cypress Creek will meet Houston Heights at 7 p.m. on Feb. 12 at Houston ISD’s Delmar Fieldhouse (2020 Mangum Road); and
- Jersey Village will play Houston Westside at 6 p.m. on Feb. 13 at Delmar Fieldhouse.
Tickets are $5 each for adults and students. Tickets for Cypress Springs, Cypress Lakes, Langham Creek and Cypress Falls are sold online. Tickets for Cypress Creek and Jersey Village will be sold online through Houston ISD.