Bridgeland HS band named Battle at the Berry grand champion
Bridgeland High School claimed first place in Class V at the Battle at the Berry marching band competition in addition to winning three performance awards and being named the year’s grand champion.
Oct. 21, 2021—The Bridgeland High School marching band was named the grand champion at the Battle at the Berry marching band competition, held Oct. 16 at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium.
Hosted by the Cypress Lakes High School marching band, the Battle at the Berry welcomed 19 bands from across the Houston area competing in four different classifications based on marching band size.
Bridgeland claimed first in its classification (Class V) in addition to winning all but one performance award and being named this year’s grand champion.
“The band staff was very pleased with the performance Saturday as we continue to improve from week to week,” said Shawn McAnear, Bridgeland head band director. “With so many strong bands in attendance at the Battle at the Berry, it was nice for the students to receive such positive accolades for their continued hard work and dedication. Go Bears!”
Langham Creek High School placed first in Class IV at the Battle at the Berry marching band competition on Oct. 16 at Cy-Fair CFU Stadium. The competition featured 10 CFISD high school marching bands.
Results from the 2021 Battle at the Berry are as follows:
- First place – Cypress Ridge High School.
- First place – Foster High School;
- Second place – Churchill Fulshear High School; and
- Third place – George Ranch High School.
- First place – Langham Creek High School;
- Second place – Tomball High School; and
- Third place – Cypress Park High School.
- First place: Bridgeland High School;
- Second place: Cypress Falls High School; and
- Third place: Travis High School.
- Outstanding musical performance – Bridgeland;
- Outstanding visual performance – Bridgeland;
- Outstanding auxiliary and color guard – Bridgeland; and
- Outstanding percussion – Cypress Falls.
Cypress Ridge High School placed first in Class II at the Battle at the Berry marching band competition on Oct. 16 at Cy-Fair CFU Stadium.
On Saturday, Oct. 23, CFISD will host the UIL Region 27 Marching Contest at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium. All 12 CFISD high school bands will participate in addition to the four Spring Branch ISD high school bands.
Cypress Falls High School placed second in Class V at the Battle at the Berry marching band competition in addition to winning a performance award for outstanding percussion.