- Cypress Springs High School
- Cypress Springs/School News
Bracket features top teams for 12th annual Cy-Hoops Invitational
Cypress Park and Dickinson high schools compete in the 10th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational at the Berry Center in December 2019. Both schools will be among the 22 teams to compete in the 12th annual tournament, which will be held Dec. 9-11 at Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls and Cypress Park high schools and the Berry Center.
Dec. 2, 2021—CFISD basketball coaches have released the finalized bracket for the 12th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational, to be held Dec. 9-11 at three CFISD high schools and the Berry Center.
The three-day, 22-team tournament features Premier Sponsors Wainwright Dental & Associates, P.C., Spradley Endodontics and Spring Cypress Oral Surgery and Implant Center. Xerox Business Solutions Southwest will serve as the bracket sponsor. Proceeds from the tournament will help fund Cy-Fair Educational Foundation scholarships for graduating CFISD seniors and staff development programs.
Tournament games will be played at the following locations:
- Cy-Fair High School (22602 Northwest Freeway);
- Cypress Falls High School (9811 Huffmeister Road);
- Cypress Park High School (7425 Westgreen Blvd.); and
- the Berry Center arena (8877 Barker Cypress Road – entrance 2).
A tournament bracket is available on the Cy-Hoops page of the Berry Center website. The following first-round games are set for Thursday, Dec. 9:
- Bridgeland Mansfield Summit, Cypress Park gym 1;
- Cypress Lakes Dickinson, Cy-Fair gym 2;
- Cypress Ranch Jersey Village, Cypress Falls gym 2;
- Cypress Woods Humble Summer Creek, Cypress Falls gym 1; and
- McKinney vs. Klein, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cy-Fair Langham Creek, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cypress Creek Cypress Springs, Cypress Falls gym 2;
- Cypress Falls Spring, Cypress Falls gym 1;
- Cypress Ridge South Grand Prairie, Cy-Fair gym 2; and
- Alvin Shadow Creek Spring Dekaney, Cypress Park gym 1; and
- Cypress Park Harker Heights, Cypress Park gym 1.
Cypress Ridge and Cypress Springs high schools will be among the 22-team field competing at the 12th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational. Tournament games will be played at Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls and Cypress Park high schools and the Berry Center.
All teams are guaranteed three games and will advance to play throughout the day on Friday, Dec. 10 at Cypress Falls, Cypress Park and the Berry Center. The tournament semifinals are scheduled for 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12 at the Berry Center, with the championship game set for 5:30 p.m. The consolation final will follow the championship semifinals.
CFISD’s 12 high school boys’ basketball teams will participate in the tournament. Cypress Creek is currently No. 21 in Class 6A in the most recent Texas Association of Basketball Coaches rankings, while Cypress Ranch and Cypress Park entered the 2021-2022 season ranked.
McKinney is currently No. 3 in 6A, while the field also includes 6A No. 12 Humble Summer Creek and 5A No. 15. Mansfield Summit.
Tickets will be sold at the gate for $5 (adults) and $3 (students), with a tournament pass granting access to all games for $10. For Berry Center games only, any child or student wearing a youth/school team jersey and accompanied by a parent will be admitted free. Middle school basketball players will be admitted for free at the Berry Center on Friday, Dec. 10, and a halftime competition for participants is scheduled for the 6 p.m. game.
Student groups from Rennell Elementary School, CyFair YLPA and Dance Central are scheduled to perform at halftime during games Friday and Saturday at the Berry Center.