Students should not wear clothing that is tight, loose, sagging, baggy, revealing, spaghetti-strap, backless, low-cut, or short. Students who are in violation of the dress code will have the option of correcting the violation or being placed in DMC. Repeat violators will receive additional consequences.
- PANTS – must be worn at the waist and not reveal underclothing
- SHORTS/SKIRTS – worn at the waist, not reveal underclothing, at least mid-thigh
- TOPS – must not reveal underclothing, midsection, torso, back, chest, breast, or cleavage
- DRESSES – must not reveal underclothing, midsection, torso, back, chest, breast, or cleavage and must be at least mid-thigh in length
- PAJAMAS/LOUNGEWEAR/HOUSE SLIPPERS – Prohibited
- HEAD COVERINGS – No type of head covering should be worn unless (1) it’s part of a uniform worn at a school activity or (2) for religious or medical purposes
- JEWELRY/PIERCINGS – Noisy, distracting and excessive jewelry or accessories are prohibited (including wallet chains).
- TATTOOS – Tattoos that are gang-related, offensive or distracting must be covered at all times.
- HAIR/MAKE-UP – Must be well groomed, neat and clean at all times; hair style/color and make-up must not detract from the learning environment