HORIZONS GIFTED & TALENTED
HORIZONS is the program that serves gifted and talented students in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.
HORIZONS OPEN REFERRAL PERIOD
Currently enrolled students may be referred for the HORIZONS program any time. Referrals must be received by the last school day in November in order for students to be assessed in early spring.
Those interested in referring students should review the information on this page, especially:
- Program Overview
- Parent Information
- Testing for HORIZONS Program
Please contact the elementary counselor or secondary director of instruction for your students’ campus for more details.
Because of last week’s closures, GT screening results and placement recommendations have been delayed. We expect Kindergarten results in early March and other grade results by mid-April. Please contact your elementary counselor or secondary Director of Instruction for specific details.
- Overview of HORIZONS Program Services for Gifted Students ~ [Español]
- Who Are Gifted and Talented Children? ~ [Español]
- GT Parenting Resources ~ [Español]
- Tips for Parenting the Gifted Child ~ [Español]
- Activities for HORIZONS Students
- What is Destination Imagination? ~ [Español]
- Types of Gifted Students ~ [Español]
- HORIZONS Parents contact