TECHNOLOGY & INFORMATION SERVICES
The Technology Services’ department mission is to maximize every student’s potential by building a world class quality K-12 technology service system to prepare students to be 21st century global leaders. Their purpose is to deliver world class quality K-12 Technology Service systems by providing EXTRAORDINARY technology service. The department is responsible for seven areas: Information Services, Technology Support Services, Acquisitions & Customer Care, Device Management, 1:1 & Inventory, and Cybersecurity. Each team’s area of responsibilities are shown in the following:
Manage, support, and maintain the following 3 areas:
- All Student Accounting application software including Course Tracking, Scheduling, Grades, Textbooks, and Internal Reporting.
- All Business Management enterprise application software including Business Services, Payroll, Insurance, Finance, Benefits, Human Resources, and Internal Reporting.
- State of Texas data reporting, to include compliance with state requirements, justification for state funding, and identification and resolution of errors prior to submission.
Technology Support Services
- Provide on-site technology troubleshooting and repair services for all technology systems including hardware, software, and peripherals.
Acquisitions & Customer Care
- Manage and track the purchase of all technology hardware and software including management of RFPs and Contracts and monitoring of software licensing and renewal requirements.
- Provide call center customer service and support to all District users including teachers and administrative staff.
Network Infrastructure & Communications
- Manage and operate the district's network infrastructure including Internet, Intranet, wireless access, firewalls, connectivity, network electronics, phone systems, and all District communications.
- Manage and operate the district's networked servers including E-Mail, file and print services, transportation, food service, library, security, maintenance, Internet content filtering, and all file server applications.
- Design, image, and integrate all network and application software on end-user devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, eReaders, and all other devices that run on and connect to the network.
1:1 & Inventory
- Track and manage the student 1:1 device initiative.
- Track, move, manage, and report on the District's technology assets.
- Support the protection of internet-connected systems, including hardware, software, and data, from cyberattacks.
FOR NETWORK OR EMAIL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANCE PLEASE CONTACT
THE CUSTOMER CARE CENTER AT 281-897-HELP (4357).