TECHNOLOGY & INFORMATION SERVICES
The Technology Services’ department mission is to maximize every student’s potential by building a world class quality K-12 technology service system to prepare students to be 21st century global leaders. Their purpose is to deliver world class quality K-12 Technology Service systems by providing EXTRAORDINARY technology service. The department is responsible for seven areas: Information Services, Technology Support Services, Acquisitions & Customer Care, Device Management, 1:1 & Inventory, and Cybersecurity. Each team’s area of responsibilities are shown in the following:
Manage, support, and maintain the following 3 areas:
- All Student Accounting application software including Course Tracking, Scheduling, Grades, Textbooks, and Internal Reporting.
- All Business Management enterprise application software including Business Services, Payroll, Insurance, Finance, Benefits, Human Resources, and Internal Reporting.
- State of Texas data reporting, to include compliance with state requirements, justification for state funding, and identification and resolution of errors prior to submission.
Technology Support Services
- Provide on-site technology troubleshooting and repair services for all technology systems including hardware, software, and peripherals.
Acquisitions & Customer Care
- Manage and track the purchase of all technology hardware and software including management of RFPs and Contracts and monitoring of software licensing and renewal requirements.
- Provide call center customer service and support to all District users including teachers and administrative staff.
Network Infrastructure & Communications
- Manage and operate the district's network infrastructure including Internet, Intranet, wireless access, firewalls, connectivity, network electronics, phone systems, and all District communications.
- Manage and operate the district's networked servers including E-Mail, file and print services, transportation, food service, library, security, maintenance, Internet content filtering, and all file server applications.
- Design, image, and integrate all network and application software on end-user devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, eReaders, and all other devices that run on and connect to the network.
1:1 & Inventory
- Track and manage the student 1:1 device initiative.
- Track, move, manage, and report on the District's technology assets.
- Support the protection of internet-connected systems, including hardware, software, and data, from cyberattacks.
The CoSN Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Seal program is the nation’s only privacy framework designed specifically for school systems. Read more about the TLE Seal program.
FOR NETWORK OR EMAIL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANCE PLEASE CONTACT
THE CUSTOMER CARE CENTER AT 281-897-HELP (4357).