Resources listed below with an asterisk (*), and many other resources, can be found in the Cypress-Fairbanks Professional Library located at the Instructional Support Center, 10300 Jones Road. Teachers and parents are encouraged to access these resources which have been highly recommended by parents and professionals.
ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERS
- Attention Deficit Disorders Association Southern Region
- C.H.A.D.D. Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
- * Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with ADD from Childhood through Adulthood by Edward M. Hallowell and John J. Ratey, M.D.
- * The ADD/ADHD Checklist by Sandra Rief, M.A.
- * Parenting a Child with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder by Nancy S. Boyles, M. Ed., and Darlene Contadino, M.S.W.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
- Disability Rights Texas
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- ARC National Association (Organization on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) _ (thearc.org)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Council on Disabilities
- National Information Center for Children and Youth (NICHCY)
- PACER Center Champion for Children with Disabilities
- PRN (Partners Resource Network, Inc.)
- Assisting the Families of all Children with Disabilities