HIRING: Health Science Teachers
Are you currently working in the Healthcare field and absolutely love what you do but the hours and/or pay are just not working out for you? Continue doing what you love by passing your knowledge and skills to the next generation by becoming a Health Science Teacher in CFISD!
To meet the qualifications of becoming a Health Science Teacher in the State of Texas, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an associate or more advanced degree from an institution of higher learning accredited or approved by an accrediting agency recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Hold current licensure, certification, or registration by a nationally recognized accrediting agency as a health professions practitioner.
- Two years of full-time wage-earning work experience as a health professions practitioner in a field that is nationally recognized by an accrediting agency. The required work experience must be approved by a certification officer of an approved educator preparation program.
- Eligible military experience may be used in lieu of civilian licensure and wage-earning experience; your educator preparation program will review for eligibility.
Licensures, certifications, registrations and work experience may include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Athletic Trainers
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Dental Hygienists
For more information on becoming a Health Science Teacher in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, please email David Srubar.